Randomation Vehicle Physics is one more asset on github I found accidentally. And was amazed by it’s features.
Some of them:
- Modular vehicle system allows for many configurations.
- Includes damage system with mesh deformation and detachable parts.
- Gearbox and continuously variable transmissions with automatic and manual variants.
- Handles nearly any shape of terrain and surfaces, plus moving platforms.
- Stunt and drift detection with the generation of a string showing the current stunt combo.
- Includes module for basic waypoint and following AI.
- Configurable surface properties that effect tire marks and friction for mud, ice, dirt, etc.
- Simply drop in your own vehicle models, adjust the wheels, and watch them drive.
You can see it in action here:
It contains 2 configured and ready to go viehicles: Muscle car and Fancy Kart and 16 placeholders ready to swap graphics and go.
Link to github:
It’s not actively developed and last commit is 4 months from now but have no errors when I open project in Unity 2017.2.